Thought beards were low maintenance? Think again. Beards require as much attention as the head on our head and the same levels of care and quality you’d put into what’s on the top of your dome. Taking care of a beard can be tricky, especially if you’re unsure which products to use. However, beards are all the rage right now, and for many men, having a beard is a point of pride. As a result, we’ve gone through all the products out there and come up with our top 6 best beard oils.
You might be wondering what’s the difference between beard oils and beard balms? Good question. They both have similar benefits, but the texture and functionality of each are different. Beard Oils are a conditioner used to moisturize and soften beard hair. They are also effective for moisturizing the skin beneath your beard. People use beard oil to keep their beards looking fuller, softer, and tamer.
On the other hand, beard balms have a thicker texture and are meant to be applied to a dry beard. They help to tame wild hair, add shine, and provide a bit of styling hold. In general, beard oils are best for conditioning and softening beard hair, while beard balms are best for taming and styling the beard.
So, If you’re looking for a product to help keep your beard healthy and hydrated, go for oil. If you want something to help you achieve a specific look, go for a balm.
1. Percy NoblemanBeard Oil (Our choice)
Verdict: Our pick of the beard oils is this popular beard oil from Percy Nobleman. Very popular, this beard oil has a long lasting smoothing effect with the blend of oils leaving the beard feeling soft and tamed for longer. Excellent choice.
- Long lasting smoothing effect made from nourishing all natural ingredients. A perfectly balanced blend of Argan, Almond, Avocado and Jojoba Oils will leave your beard feeling soft and tamed.
- Resolves itchiness and discomfort
- Nice scent
2. Jack Black Beard Oil (Our choice)
Verdict: Also a top choice of ours is the Jack Black Beard Oil giving you an option that hydrates and softens dry, brittle facial hair for a healthy shine. Made from organic, natural ingredients that help to prevent dry, itchy skin. Excellent choice.
- Certified organic natural oils, potent antioxidants, and vitamins that helps to prevent dry, itchy skin.
- Hydrates and softens dry, brittle facial hair for a healthy shine.
Verdict: An excellent choice of beard oil by Seven Potions with its all naturalbeard oil offering a scent free blend which softens your beard. Really good option.
- Scent free, this blend of natural carrier oils soften your beard with no scent
- Conditioning oils are made from natural oils & extracts
- Formulated to condition, this beard oil makes your beard soft & helps with beard growth
Verdict: A very popular choice of beard oils, the Honest Amish Premium Beard Oil is made from natural, organic ingredients leaving your beard hydrated, soft and manageable. The also relieve itchiness and helps sustain new growth. Very good choice with a trusted brand.
- Relieves itchiness and helps new grwoth
- All natural and organic ingredients
- Softens beard and conditions skin
Verdict: This beard oil from Mountaineer Brand offers a quick absorbing oil that leaves your beard smooth, soft and your skin underneath your beard conditioned. Excellent choice and with all natural ingredients, full of hydrating oils you can’t go wrong with this.
- This beard oil absorbs quickly and gives your beard a smooth, soft, subtle shine. Great for conditioning the skin underneath your beard.
- It promotes hair growth by helping you maintain a healthy beard and is formulated to help hydrate your skin, eliminating the problems associated with dry skin.
- Great for new, short and long beard lengths and quickly absorbs in to the skin and hair for optimal nourishment.
Verdict: Really popular beard oil from The Gentleman’s Beard does not disappoint. With no fragrance, this oil promotes healthy, strong beard growth. An excellent choice.
- Completely Fragrance Free. No strong scents, made from all natural ingredients.
- Promoteshealthy, strong beard growth
- Softens and strengthens beards
- Oil is quickly absorbed deep into your beard hairs, making them softer and stronger without any greasy residue or heaviness.