Thought beards were low maintenance? Think again. Beards require as much attention as the head on our head and the same levels of care and quality you’d put into what’s on the top of your dome. As a result, we’ve gone through all the products out there and come up with our top 6 best beard balms.
You might be wondering what’s the difference between beard oils and beard balms? Good question. They both have similar benefits, but the texture and functionality of each are different. Beard Balms are generally thicker in texture, with the thickness giving you the opportunity to style your beard hair more while nourishing it.
1. Proraso Beard Balm (Our choice)
Verdict: Our pick of the beard balms is this pomade from Proraso. Very popular, this beard balm made from eucalyptus oil and cooling menthol relives any itchiness, with the wood and spice scent leaving the beard smelling fantastic. Can’t go wrong with this excellent choice.
- Eucalyptus Oil and cooling Menthol relieve itchiness.
- Wood and Spice scent leaves the beard smelling fantastic.
- Ability to soothe and soften hair at the same time.
2. American Crew Beard Balm (Our choice)
Verdict: Also a top choice of ours is the American Crew Beard Balmgiving you the option of styling your beard as well as conditioning it. The stronger hold means hair stays in place longer without the need to reapply product and restyle as the day goes on. Excellent choice.
- The scent is a herbal soap aroma that’s subtle, making this a good choice if you don’t like heavy smells
- Beeswax is antibacterial which stops the growth of bacteria, reducing the likelihood of ingrown hairs and breakouts which can add to any irritations
Verdict: An excellent choice of beard balm by Captain Fawcett with its all natural beard balm giving you style and comfort. Does not leave the beard feeling greasy or oily, but just right. Really good option.
- All Natural Ingredients featuring over eight essential oils, and all-natural with ingredients
- Gives the style and control you want without weighing down or leaving your beard feeling greasy or oily.
Verdict: A very popular choice of beard balms, the Bossman Relaxing Beard Balm made from natural ingredients leaves your beard hydrated, soft and manageable. The oils that retain key hydrating agents also keep the beard from drying out throughout the day.
- Natural ingredients such as Mango and Shea Butter that hydrate and retain moisture in the hair follicles and pores to keep your beard healthy and help it grow thicker and fuller
- Effective Beard Wax and Tamer.Keeps your beard moisturized and frizz-free while making it soft and manageable.
- Formulated with premium, natural minerals and oils that retain key hydrating agents, keeping your beard from drying out throughout the day.
- The fresh blend of cedarwood and spruce oil provides a hint of the outdoors. Combined with rich lemon oil to give a clean and refreshing effect.
Verdict: Honest Amish Heavy Duty Beard Balm is incredibly popular for a reason. It’s made from all natural and organic ingredients with the scent a lovely blend of natural essential oils and offers a perfect beard balm for those looking for something a bit more heavy duty.
- All Natural and Organic Ingredients
- The scent is a blend of all natural essential oils and smells like an old fashioned, pure, light, and crisp.
Verdict: This heavy-duty beard balm from Mountaineer Brand offers a non-greasy feeling whilst conditioning the beard at the same time. Excellent choice and with all natural ingredients, full of hydrating oils you can’t go wrong with this balm.
- This heavy-duty beard balm offers control without feeling greasy while conditioning your beard so crazy dry spots are tamed to behave.
- This beard balm for men is full of hydrating oils and butters that go to work to keep your skin and hair soft and conditioned, eliminating flakes and itching almost immediately
- All Natural ingredients with a proprietary blend of Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil.